China Mobile Limited
About China Mobile

China Mobile Limited (the "Company", and together with its subsidiaries, the "Group") was incorporated in Hong Kong on 3 September 1997. The Company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") and The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited ("HKEx" or the "Stock Exchange") on 22 October 1997 and 23 October 1997, respectively. The Company was admitted as a constituent stock of the Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong on 27 January 1998.

As the leading mobile services provider in Mainland China, the Group boasts the world's largest mobile network and the world's largest mobile customer base. In 2013, the Company was once again selected as one of the "FT Global 500" by Financial Times and "The World's 2,000 Biggest Public Companies" by Forbes magazine, and recognized on the Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index. The Company currently has a corporate credit rating of Aa3/Outlook Stable from Moody's Investor Service and AA-/Outlook Stable from Standard & Poor's, equivalent to China's sovereign credit rating, respectively.

The Company owns 100% interest in the following major subsidiaries:

  • China Mobile Communication Company Limited ("CMC")
  • China Mobile Group Guangdong Company Limited ("Guangdong Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Zhejiang Company Limited ("Zhejiang Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Jiangsu Company Limited ("Jiangsu Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Fujian Company Limited ("Fujian Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Henan Company Limited ("Henan Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Hainan Company Limited ("Hainan Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Beijing Company Limited ("Beijing Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Shanghai Company Limited ("Shanghai Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Tianjin Company Limited ("Tianjin Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Hebei Company Limited ("Hebei Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Liaoning Company Limited ("Liaoning Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Shandong Company Limited ("Shandong Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Guangxi Company Limited ("Guangxi Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Anhui Company Limited ("Anhui Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Jiangxi Company Limited ("Jiangxi Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Chongqing Company Limited ("Chongqing Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Sichuan Company Limited ("Sichuan Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Hubei Company Limited ("Hubei Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Hunan Company Limited ("Hunan Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Shaanxi Company Limited ("Shaanxi Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Shanxi Company Limited ("Shanxi Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Neimenggu Company Limited ("Neimenggu Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Jilin Company Limited ("Jilin Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Heilongjiang Company Limited ("Heilongjiang Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Guizhou Company Limited ("Guizhou Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Yunnan Company Limited ("Yunnan Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Xizang Company Limited ("Xizang Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Gansu Company Limited ("Gansu Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Qinghai Company Limited ("Qinghai Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Ningxia Company Limited ("Ningxia Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Xinjiang Company Limited ("Xinjiang Mobile")
  • China Mobile Group Design Institute Company Limited ("Design Institute")
  • China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited ("Hong Kong Mobile"), and
  • China Mobile International Limited ("International Company"), and operates nationwide mobile telecommunications networks in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities in Mainland China and in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region through these subsidiaries.

In addition, the Company owns a 99.97% equity interest in China Mobile Group Device Company Limited ("China Mobile Device"), a 92% equity interest in China Mobile Group Finance Company Limited ("China Mobile Finance") through Beijing Mobile, and a 66.41% equity interest in Aspire Holdings Limited ("Aspire").

As of 31 December 2013, the Group had a total staff of 197,030, and maintained a leading position in Mainland China in terms of customer base which reached 767 million.

The Company's majority shareholder is China Mobile (Hong Kong) Group Limited ("CMHK (Group)"), which, as of 31 December 2013, indirectly held an equity interest of approximately 74.07% in the Company through a wholly-owned subsidiary, China Mobile Hong Kong (BVI) Limited ("CMHK (BVI)"). The remaining equity interest of approximately 25.93% of the Company was held by public investors.

Top